Thursday, April 2, 2009

My status in my life Post 2

Well another post for eng 101 and now its about our status in our community and how we feel about our own status. well in my family it was always about doing something we liked or thought was worth while that gave anyone in the family status. That probably why i became a musician and why I'm in college right now to aspire to my dream job. My family also thought that even if u didn't have a job that requires a education you should have gotten one anyway. In my family (especially on my moms side) there is a big thing with how much education you get if u didn't go to high school your the low man on the totem pole. But on my dad side i was inspired to do what i want with my life and if you were happy then you where high up there in the family. The more you smile the more people on my dad side smile back in approval. So as you can see for me happiness and education are what are important to me and now that i think about it its a good combination.

but with my friends its more about your talents and being more social that gets you status. Like my friend Henry for example he a guitarist, plays the piano, and bass. Not to mention he makes jewelry and can fix almost anything.(and i really mean anything) hes like the leader so to speak and then comes Oscar, me and Eric. its not like we look down on other people more like we "follow the biggest man" so to speak. Then their's my Native American friends, they prefer activism and trying to help as many people as you can. They believe in justice as a status. the more you give the more you get. Lots of times I'm drag into a activist meeting or a drive because of them but its fun and worth it.


Now all these things that i now notice i see have affected how i judge myself and how i see status. Status to me is shown by doing the right thing and aspiring to be something important and enjoyable to you. If you are content with your life then I think high of you. I see how status helps reflect on what you think is most important.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting - I'm curious about the activism you're describing. What does it look like- activism as a source of pride and status?

    ReplyDelete