Thursday, April 16, 2009

Poat 3 Class

when it comes to class I'm not that high up there or at least i think so. Class is something given and in my early year of life i lived in a tent on a reservation in New Mexico. I was a lower class citizen for sure and my mom tried so hard to get me out of there to move us into a new home, where my dads anger and the worlds disappoint and pity wouldn't get us. later we got a respectable house in New York with some relatives help and my my moms boyfriend at the time(now married and had 3 more kids)

This is here i became an upper lower class and became a minority before coming to the city i had many Native American kids to play with all very proud and all there for each other. In New York i could relate to 2 people and that's my mom and step dad. My class affect how most people treated me the teachers would give me more help, kid would feel out of place with me, and i myself felt out of place. My class affect my grades, and my learning experience. later in life we became middle class and moved out of Manhattan and into a house in queens. I was them better able to relate to people thanks to cable and my new found spending money. My parents also became more active and started to get into a more relaxing state as well. My new found sisters would not have to go though as much as i did.

As you can see my childhood was majorly affected by the class i had gained from my parents and my race. I was a rare thing to see in New york, and because of this i was show off as much i was shunned by most other races. My class also gave me different values then most others. I grew up with no money so now i try to keep most of it safe. I have more lower class values as you would say and i only spend money on things i need or i know I'm truly going to enjoy. My class has made me who i am and shaped the way i see the world.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fascinating post, bringing together a lot of ideas, especially about how class and race intersect. I'm curious about what you say about cable: how is it that that helped you relate?

    ReplyDelete